Saturday, May 31, 2008

Good-bye to Harry

Harry goes to his new home today. I feel a sort of hole in my gut when I think about this. Harry started the whole thing. He brought be back into the world of equines. He helped me to get in touch with the girl I once was. I owe him a huge debt of gratitude for that.

But he is going to a home with six children. He will have cows to live with and protect. He'll be ridden and brushed and fussed over... it's better for him than standing around in the paddock and being bullied by Cocoa.

Rachelle and I, and possibly Rachelle's mom, will drive Harry to Underhill and then take Dusty on to Tunbridge. Harry hates being trailered, but it's only for a little while and he'll find six eager children at the other end. He'll have Dusty to keep him company in the trailer. Dusty is an old hand at being trailered, so that will help Harry feel a little less anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers