Friday, February 6, 2009

a bit of the daily


So far today: fed and watered all the horses, then put the hose away. Took about an hour and a half. Went to Mikey's class and helped with a big project. Got to know some of the other children in the class. The boys in this class are kind & intelligent. Mikey and I talked some with Isaac about how his family handled the recent death of his grandfather.  I helped Owen make a hay rack and helped Mikey with his cleaning up.

Home to rearrange the horses so that Moon & Beauty could have a little time outside. Moon is a stud, so this is tricky. Can't let him near any mares, especially mares in heat. He was quite well behaved this morning and I put him in the ring with Teddy and Cow. Moon seems to like Cow.

Got an email from a friend & so had to go and pick up some stuf that belonged to me. Now that's all in the car and needs to be unloaded, sorted, and cleaned. It's saddles, bridles, saddle pads, boots, jodhpurs, lead ropes, halters, buckets, feeding tubs, a big wagon, a pony harness, and so on. It's good to have it back at home here.

In 1/2 hour I go to meet the boys at the bus stop, spend a little time with them, and then go to pick up Alex at his house so we can get hay and start cleaning and organizing the tack. We also need to ride.

Then I'll be taking Alex home and starting dinner. Not sure how to do both at the same time. After that, the boys & I will relax in front of the fire and watch Lost on abc.com.

No time, really, to ride, but if I see an opportunity I will take it.








2 comments:

  1. I cant imagine how tough this all is in the snow. We finally got some good rain yesterday and maybe we wont have a severe drought this summer. But I'm feeling you on the busy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow isn't so bad, but the ice is. Also the fact that once it's down below, say, 20F, the air is your enemy.

    ReplyDelete

Followers