Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another busy day...

Sometimes I wish it would all s l o w d o w n. What would it be like if the world decided that each second and minute were double the length that they now are? Do you think we would all feel as rushed?

Anyway--up this morning early, helped the kids get ready, then off to take Danny to school and to watch his Halloween parade. He was very handsome in his Obi-wan outfit. I got some good pics to post (soon). He walked around talking to people and smiling. He is having a really good time this year. Unimaginable relief!!!!!! Danny is finding a good groove at school!!!!!!!!!! I think it is this new teacher and the fact that they have finally laid off the hand-writing obsession and let him learn without having to funnel his responses through handwriting. He has lots of support from the adults in his world, too. Plus he's now officially in the middle school.

Okay, then off to the barn to get a load of hay with Michaela and Acoy (bless them both for helping). On the way home talk to Danny's dr. to report the good news of how his year is going. Then back to the farm to talk to the furnace guy and to unload the hay, then half an hour to check email and update this blog, then back out the door in 10 minutes to go to Mikey's school to help with handwork. He will be finishing his lion today! I can't wait to get a picture of it here on the blog.

Many funny animal stories to tell. Matt has a rooster in the chicken coop that we can hear crowing in miniature--I mean the crow is very high pitched and sounds like it's coming from a 6-inch high rooster. Yet whenever I open the door, all I see are this massive meat birds staring up at me waiting for food. They won't crow while I'm standing there, but my guess is that Matt really does have a 6-inch high rooster that scoots under one of the bigger birds whenever I open the door. Then they all gaze up at me, like, "What....?" in the same tone as that wolf in the bed in the first Shrek movie.

Anyway after handwork I have to go do a bunch of errands for court tomorrow (ugh), then up to UVM for my office hours (note to self: take the laptop) from 4 to 7. I will try to work rather than socialize (ha). After that I come home and ... and ... no, not rest. Keep getting ready for tomorrow (ugh). Then read myself into oblivion in the bathtub with my glass of wine and then rest.

The boys are trick-or-treating tonight in Marc's neighborhood. Mikey is a red ninja. They're both very happy that today is finally Halloween. I just hope that the candy stays at Marc's house. It's the first time in quite a few years that Marc has had them for Halloween. At first they were disappointed to be doing it differently and that I would miss their full costumes, but I think they've accepted it and will find a way to have a good time anyway.

Last night Jeffrey and Daniel were here for dinner. Daniel had babysat while I went after a few equines that were out (Harry the donkey and Coco the Tall). I rode little Katie (the Black and Happy) to bring them home while Daniel hung out with the boys. You know, I do wish that the horses never got out, but quite honestly it is about as good as life gets to be on a horse riding out to bring other horses home, and then to be a part of the herd as it gallops towards the horizon to get home. Those moments are so full of happiness that the glow shines all over my life for days.

...and now it is time to go. Hope I don't smell too much like hay... Note to self: check the mirror before leaving the house.

1 comment:

  1. Well told...

    Your description allows someone to even smell whatr's going on...

    I am very envious of being able to see so many shooting stars. They always excite me, and I remember one night in Arizona when it was supposed to be a particularly plentiful night of them. I put an air mattress on the ground in my driveway and spent several hours lying on my back. There was almost no interruption during that time and a continuous display of all types moving in all directions. A lifetime experience.

    Thanks for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete

Followers