Monday, June 23, 2008

Mama Duck Disappeared

We have no idea what happened to her. She's just gone. And one duckling is gone, too. Actually, Lucy found its little body, trampled by a horse hoof. They were on their own for a few hours after their mother disappeared and before we knew anything was wrong. The boys don't know about the trampled duckling; I'm letting them just guess until I can figure out the best way to tell them. Not, for example, while I'm trying to slog my way through a day's work.

Dante is limping painfully as the crack moves down his hoof. Cordell is coming tomorrow to trim & remove the shoe. I tried to do it last night but I don't know how to do it without hurting Dante.

Cocoa and Amigo are in Mel's Meadow today. We have to get there by going on a trail through the woods. That should be interesting come winter...

All I have time for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers