Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cordell's Great Aunt Gladys and Other Things

Here she is:



Not much of a training day today. I'm tired and yesterday my arm got pretty sure. Today I took it easy and now my arm doesn't hurt.

Rode Meg yesterday. Found out why Van is having so much trouble sitting on her when she trots and canters -- she is a bit rough. Cordell said he might be able to help a little bit with the shoes. also I think she might be able to learn how to be smoother.otherwise she is a very good horse. Works hard to be a good girl. Is very strong. Also patient with her rider. Was limping by the end of the ride, and I think this is partly due to her choppy canter. I think it's hard on her shoulders. Hopefully we can work on this with her.

All I have energy for tonight... much more going on but too tired right.

2 comments:

  1. Now you can see why I don't like to push her like you do Rocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. She doesn't need much pushing because she loves to push herself, but until/unless she learns how to canter and trot without stopping herself a bit in the middle of each stride, I think she will come up sore after each ride. She can't handle an endurance training regimen like Rocket's.

    Do you think that this is something that we can train her to do better? Or do you think that her structure is going to be a barrier learning smooth gaits?

    ReplyDelete

Followers