Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Alex

We have a new trainer at Chiron's Grove, Alex Coyle. Alex has studied horse training with Clinton Anderson and Pat Parelli. He is an avid and highly successful Gymkhana rider, though he rides not only Western, but English and some dressage as well. He has successfully trained dozens of horses and also made his mark as somebody to go to if you want to find a mount to suit your needs. He has a knack for matching people with horses. 

Alex's stallion, Moon, is a gorgeous, well balanced, gentle registered paint champion. He is homozygous black, meaning he will never throw a red offspring. He is currently standing at stud here at Chiron's Grove.

Currently Alex is working on training our horses, but he will also be available to train other people's horses here at our training facility.

We are excited to be working with him. He has already begun whipping this place into shape and helping to stuff the barn full of hay. There is never a dull moment around him.

2 comments:

  1. So how many horses are your currently training? Are these at your house? Since you were pulling the kids on the snow I was guessing so. Maybe I need to look through your archives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I didn't see this comment until today. I think my tracking option may have been turned off when I switched the domain name.

    Let's see, we are training two ponies, one foal, and one horse right now. We also have a brood mare here (due any day), 4 boarders, and Alex's stud (quite an impressive guy). So that's twelve, and Alex wants to bring a mule & donkey here too, but until we get another shelter built we'll have to hold off on that. Oh, and we're expecting another boarder some time this next month.

    Two horses and two ponies are for sale (the one I'm riding in the snowy picture). They all belong to me. I should blog about all of this... it's getting long :).

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Followers