Friday, January 30, 2009

Horses at Chiron's Grove Part I: Chiron's Foxtrot


This is Chiron's Foxtrot. He's half Saddlebred, half Morgan. He is just learning how to be ridden. Obedient, flashy, engaged, smart, respectful of people. Dominant in the herd. Loves to play with babies and ponies. Chestnut with white blaze and white snip on his nose. Has a powerful, ground-covering extended trot that he can maintain for hours. I want to use him for endurance, but several people are interested in him. I'd like to see him go to Tina, who is an excellent trainer and will take good care of him. We're working out the details and hopefully can make it happen. But if that doesn't work out, I really want to ride him in the April Mud Ride, a 15-mile competitive trail ride. There are two days for that ride so I want to take two horses, and it would be great if he could be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers