Monday, March 10, 2008

The Ridiculous, Part 1

Every now and then you have one of those moments when you just get the definition of your life. This morning, I had one of mine, and it is Ridiculous.

Most people go outside to get into their cars, and pull away leaving nothing ridiculous behind. I backed up and turned, then put the car into drive, glanced down where I had just been, and observed a dazed chicken squarely between my tire tracks. Apparently he could not understand why the roof of his personal chicken coop had suddenly roared and gone away. I suppose we humans feel that way during hurricanes, but rather than weeping and wailing, he sat there, motionless, and considered his new situation.

What is it like to be him right now? I couldn't help wondering. Then thought, come to think of it, I probably know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers